This weeks podcast is from Part 1 of our new series, God Is.
We hope you enjoy! I have included the outline from Sunday’s service. If you’re viewing this in email then just below the picture you will be able to click on the link to listen.
If you are on fullydevotefamily.com then simply press the play button below!
Have a great Wednesday!
The greatest journey you and I will ever dare to embark on is the journey towards knowing who God is.
As we observe the world in which we live, it doesn’t take long to see that our society, families, and lives are being destroyed because people do not know who God is.
As long as people don’t know who God is:
- they will never know what true life is.
- they will never know who they could be.
- they will never know what God is like or understand what God expects.
Thankfully, God has graciously revealed to us who He is through His word.
One important truth we need to understand is that God is knowable; but, God is also incomprehensible.
The doctrine of the Trinity is a foundational doctrine of Christianity as it pertains to knowing who God is.
Deuteronomy 6:4; 1 Timothy 2:5
God is one, eternally existing in three persons.
Scriptures: Genesis 1:26; Genesis 3:22; Genesis 11:7-8; Matthew 3:16; 2 Corinthians 13:14
God is…the Father. Scripture: John 6:27
God is…the Son. Scripture John 1:1-5; 14
God is…the Holy Spirit. Scripture: Acts 5:3-4
In the next several weeks, we are going on a journey towards knowing who God is and what God is like.
- know who God is because it matters eternally.
- know God intellectually, but we most definitely must know God personally and intimately.
Scripture: Romans 1:18-25; Matthew 7:21-23
- tell who God is and proclaim Him boldly.
- show who God is in order to reflect His communicable attributes to a lost and dying world.
Scripture: Acts 17:22-31
Podcast: Play in new window | Download